Gypsies Target of Racist Attack in Kent, UK

21. 7. 2005

A Gypsy family in West Kingsdown has suffered a brutal attack with menaces poisoning their horses' food, damaging their home and daubing offensive slogans on their property.

George Harbour, 41, of Kingsingfield Road believes the incident was racially motivated in a bid to get himself and his family to move away.

He said: "I feel very angry and they have targeted me to try and get me to move. I have had abuse in the past.

"My family has lived in this area for over 100 years. This is my home. I have had to move all my horses to a different field because they poisoned the grass with creosote."

Despite numerous phone calls by the Chronicle, North Kent Police was unable to confirm a record of the incident, which occurred on Sunday, June 3.
(Sevenoaks Chronicle)

EDITORIAL COMMENT:
Amazing... Kent Police aappears to have no knowledge of this attack. Then again that is not surprising especially when one knows of Kent Police's anti-Gypsy sentiments in the past. And we can be certain that (a) it will not be investigated, if it will ever, as a racist crime and (b) the Commission for racial Equality, if contacted, will, like in the Firle Bonfire incident, deny that they have the powers to act. All it always boils down to is the fact that we, the Romani (Romany) Gypsies are not the right color and right kind of ethnic group. Ed.